BỘ ĐỀ TRẮC NGHIỆM TIẾNG ANH LỚP 8 CẢ NĂM - P41

BỘ ĐỀ TRẮC NGHIỆM TIẾNG ANH LỚP 8 CẢ NĂM - P41

UNIT 9: A FIRST-AID COURSE
TEST 3
I. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1. a. damage b. revive c. promise d. bandage
2. a. asleep b. conscious c. sterile d. tissue
3. a. stretcher b. towel c. awake d. treatment
4. a. ambulance b. injection c. minimize d. handkerchief
5. a. happen b. beautiful c. hospital d. overheat
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. They moved to the city_____well - paying jobs.
a. in order to get b. for getting
c. in order not to get d. so that getting
7. ____is a type of bed used for carrying the sick or injured people.
a. Stretcher b. Ambulance c. Bandage d. Crutch
8. I think I____ home across the park.
a. walk b. will walk c. am walking d. walking
9. She_____ tight to the handrail.
a. held b. caught c. kept d. touched
10. I forgot to thank them_____ helping me.
a. about b. for c. of d. on
11. She covered her knees______ a blanket.
a. in b. under c. with d. of
12. The farmers look for other work_____ get more money for their family.
a. so as to b. in order that c. so as not to d. so that
13. She was _____ for days after the accident.
a. conscious b. unconscious c. consciously d. unconsciously
14. Scale is an instrument for showing_____people or things are.
a. how heavy b. how tall c how old d. how high
15. I tried to cheer him_____, but he just kept staring out the window.
a. on . b. up c. off d. out
III. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Dear Scott,
Thank you very much (16)_____ the magazines and comics. I read all of them last night. I have never seen American comics (17) _____. They are really good - (18) _____ better than (19) _____ comics.
I (20) _____ some good news last night - we are going to Florida (21) _____ the summer! I have never been to the States before, so I’m really (22) _____. I’ve already (23)______ a guidebook - Disney World looks amazing. Have you ever been there?
Write soon,
Helen
16. a. about b. of c. for d. to
17. a. ago b. after c. before d. since
18. a. more b. much c. many d. little
19. a. China b. America c. Vietnam d. English
20. a. hear b. am hearing c. heard d. heared
21. a. in b. at c. on d. when
22. a. excite b. excited c. exciting d. excitement
23. a. buy b. buyed c. buying d. bought
IV. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
It all happened rather quickly - the doctors realized that I needed to have my appendix out immediately, to prevent things from getting any worse, and they operated on me straight away. But I’m not feeling too bad and I’m getting better all the time. The doctors say it will take about a week for me to get over the operation completely.
I do find it a bit boring here - there’s nothing to do. They say I mustn’t get up unless it’s absolutely necessary, so I can’t even get to the TV room.
appendix (n) ruột thừa prevent (v) ngăn
operate (v) phẫu thuật
24. Who is the author?
a. a patient b. a nurse c. a victim d. a&c are correct
25. What is the passage written about?
a. an accident b. an event c. an emergency d. a festival
26. How long does it take him to get over the operation completely?
a. two days b. seven days c. fourteen days d. thirty days
27. How does the author feel after the operation?
a. He feels too bad.
b. He feels a bit boring in the hospital.
c. He feels better all the time.
d. b & c are correct
28. Which of the following is not true?
a. The author is watching TV. b. He is going home soon.
c. He can’t get up. d. He can’t go to the TV room.
>> TÀI LIỆU THAM KHẢO:

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Đậu Đen và tác dụng quan trọng

Những điều thú vị về Đất nước Nhật Bản

ĐIỂM DU HỌC CÓ GIÁ PHẢI CHĂNG